Fuss free makeup that stays on all day = a day of carefree traveling. After many testing sessions at both Sephora and ULTA, I have found the absolute best pieces for an "everyday" makeup look. I use all of the low end pieces above, while traveling and on an everyday basis. If you are looking for department store brands, the pieces below are tried and true favorites. However, for traveling, I prefer using drugstore brands because I would hate to lose something expensive.
- Neutrogena is a great brand for moisturizers, with and without SPF. It absorbs quickly and does not have a scent - perfect for sharing with your husband or boyfriend.
- Revlon Colorstay foundations lasts A L L day. I even wore this on my wedding and I had flawless skin morning to night. It comes in two formulations for combination and dry skin.
- Revlon Kissable Lip Balm Stains are a combination between lip tints and lip balms. These babies last for hours. I apply once, press my lips together a few times to get the pigment into ever crevice, blot with toilet paper, and apply another time. I reapply halfway through the day. Secret tip: I also apply it to my cheeks! One less thing to bring along.
- Maybelline gel eyeliners are just as good as the Bobbi Brown version. I apply to my upper water line.
- At the upper lash line, I apply black eyeshadow for a fuller eyelash illusion.
- Always use waterproof mascara - Cover Girl lash blast is the best in the drugstore.
- I always pair my lip color with a lip balm that contains SPF on top.
- Rimmel Stay Matte powder brings it all together nicely.
- NYX dewy finish makeup setting spray is the true hero in all of this because it glues your makeup on and creates a barrier.